Placing Holds for items to be picked-up at the library front desk
Please review the guidelines below for selecting physical books and be judicious in your selections so as not to overwhelm our staff.
- Go to the tab at the top of the library’s homepage titled “Books” After you search, be sure to filter results for “Print Books” which are held by Luther Seminary Library on the left side of the results page;
- Click on the title of the book, and in the window that pops up with the record detail, select “View Description.” Here you can scroll down to the sections labeled “Contents” and “Summary,” where you can browse the table of contents for the text and a brief synopsis;
- You can also walk the stacks virtually by selecting “Browse the Shelf,” which will show you titles adjacent to the selected text in our collection.
- When you have decided on what book you want retrieved, place the book on hold.
Placing a Hold:
- View the video below for instructions on how to place a hold on an item.
- You will be notified via email when your items are ready to be picked up.
- Due to staffing, time constraints, and postage we are unable to mail books at this time.
- Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please do not arrive to pick up materials until you have been notified indicating they are ready to be picked up*
HOW TO PLACE AN ITEM ON HOLD